Policy on Protection of Personal Information
Japan International Broadcasting Inc. (JIB) undertakes a wide range of production and transmission operations related to international broadcasting. We recognize that properly handling and strictly protecting personal information in the course of our work are responsibilities of paramount importance. Our policy on protection of personal information is detailed below. We are committed to ensuring that all persons engaged in JIB work are aware of this policy and that they strictly comply with it.
- In consideration of the nature and scale of its operations (mentioned above), JIB appropriately obtains and uses personal information only to the extent necessary for equitable corporate activities.
- JIB has a basic principle of not using any person's personal information for any purpose other than the stated one(s) without obtaining the person's prior consent. JIB takes measures to ensure compliance with this principle.
- Except when required to do so by Japanese law, JIB does not provide any person's personal information to a third party without the person's consent.
- To prevent personal information from being leaked, lost, or damaged, JIB has detailed rules on safe control and use of personal information and strives to enhance and correct its security measures.
- For appropriate and continuously improved management of personal information, JIB conducts training and has a responsible administrator in each department.
- In the event of a complaint or inquiry about JIB's handling of personal information or a request for JIB to disclose, correct, or stop using personal information, a JIB -designated contact person deals with it appropriately and promptly.
Established November 1, 2008
Japan International Broadcasting Inc.
President and CEO Yoshihiko Shimizu